Introduction

My name is Santiago R. Lopez. I'm a 6th grader in Jennifer's class. I will be the narrator of these stories. My Winter break homework was to compare and contrast the great civilizations of the Aztecs and the Mayans to the Vikings. We've been studying the Vikings at school, but for Winter break I am at my other home in San Miguel de Allende Mexico.
That is why I want to look closer at the Aztec and Mayan culture.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Comparison and Contrast Practice

Today mom said I could write a story using my imagination. But the trick is I have to use compare and contrast words. Contrary to Santa and the Ghost of Christmas Present, they both are fat, jolly, have beards, laugh deeply, and wear similar robes. However, they both differ. For example, Santa's robe is red, he wears a red fur cap, has a white beard, boots, lives in the North Pole, with his wife and elves. And on Christmas Eve, he flies in a sleigh with flying reindeer, and stops at every house to give presents. Unlike Santa, the Ghost of Christmas Present meets Scrooge with a gigantic feast. His beard is brown, and turns gray during his death. His robe is green. He wears a wreath around his head. In one hand he carries a torch. Instead of riding in a sleigh with flying reindeer, he shows Scrooge his Presence. After he's gone, the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come arrives. He shows Scrooge what may happen in the future, unless Scrooge changes from cruelness to kindness. Although Santa and the second Spirit aren't exactly the same, they have similar examples in common. As well as their voices. They are like each other, while they're different.

There! I used all the words to compare and contrast.

The End


No comments:

Post a Comment